As a member of Local 504, you represented by the elected Business Manager. There are a number of ways in which Local 504 represents and protects you on the job including:
- Negotiates fair and equitable collective bargaining agreements on your behalf.
- Enforces your rights under the collective bargaining agreement;
- For construction industry members, assists members in finding employment through a hiring hall which acts as a referral service;
- Enforces legal rights such as those established under the Ontario Labour Relations Act;
- Promotes worksite safety.
- Protects against discrimination in employment by enforcing your contract and legal rights under the law;
- Provides apprenticeship and other training programs that supply members with the opportunities to develop and improve their skills.